By Harris Andrea
The first versions of this ebook were embraced by way of hundreds of thousands of Cisco ASA pros, from novices to specialists. the recent third version has been improved and up-to-date to hide the most recent Cisco ASA model 9.x (and prior models 8.x as well). All configurations, instructions and examples within the ebook are acceptable for all ASA 5500 and 5500-X units and should paintings on ASA model 9.x.
This e-book is loaded with uncooked useful suggestions, step by step configuration tutorials, and greater than 50 community diagrams to provide an explanation for the situations. it's also entire configuration examples and real-world circumstances that you're going to no longer locate anyplace else. there is not any fluff or redundant info.
Topics lined during this ebook comprise the middle ASA firewall positive aspects in addition to the main frequently-encountered eventualities that you'll locate in actual international networks. The e-book is written via community safeguard professional Harris Andrea, a Cisco qualified expert with greater than 18 years of ASA adventure, and makes a speciality of simplicity and practicality rather than complicated theory.
Some of the themes coated comprise the following:
- Getting all started with Cisco ASA Firewalls (User Interface, entry Modes, software program updates, password restoration etc).
- Basic Firewall Configuration (Basic Configuration Steps).
- Configuring community tackle Translation (NAT) for pre-8.3 and post-8.3 versions.
- Configuring DMZ Networks.
- Configuring and utilizing entry keep watch over Lists (ACLs).
- Configuring VLANs and Subinterfaces.
- Configuration of danger Detection (Basic, complicated, and Scanning chance Detection).
- IKEv1 and IKEv2 IPSEc VPNs (site-to-site VPN, distant entry VPN etc).
- Anyconnect safe Mobility purchaser (SSL VPN, IKEv2 VPN, certificates Authentication etc).
- Configuring Active/Standby Stateful Failover.
- Advanced positive aspects of gadget Configuration.
- Authentication Authorization and Accounting (AAA) Configuration.
- Configuration of identification Firewall.
- Configuring Routing Protocols on ASA (Static Routes, RIP, OSPFv2, OSPFv3, EIGRP).
- Modular coverage Framework Configuration (Class Maps, coverage Maps etc).
- Configuring caliber of carrier (QoS)-Traffic Policing, Shaping, Voice precedence Queueing etc.
- Cisco ASA 5505.
- PLUS a lot MORE
For ASA5500-X versions, the booklet doesn't disguise subsequent new release Firewall gains similar to ASA CX, Cloud net defense or internet protection necessities. even if, the entire content material integrated within the booklet will paintings on 5500-X models.