By Antony Copley
Read or Download A Spiritual Bloomsbury: Hinduism and Homosexuality in the Lives and Writings of Edward Carpenter, E.M. Forster, and Christopher Isherwood PDF
Similar hinduism books
Wondering the normal depiction of India as a kingdom divided among non secular groups, Gottschalk exhibits that people dwelling in India have a number of identities, a few of which reduce throughout non secular barriers. The tales narrated by way of villagers residing within the northern nation of Bihar depict daily social interactions that go beyond the easy divide of Hindu and Muslim.
The Sanskrit Mahabharata is likely one of the maximum works of global literature and pivotal for the knowledge of either Hindu traditions and wider society in historical, medieval and glossy South Asia. This booklet provides a brand new synthesis of philological, anthropological and cognitive-linguistic approach and conception relating to the research of narrative textual content by means of targeting the shape and serve as of the Mahabharata within the context of early South Asia.
In recent times, alterations in non secular reviews as a rule and the research of Hinduism particularly have drawn extra scholarly consciousness to other kinds of the Hindu religion which are concretely embodied in temples, icons, works of art, rituals, and pilgrimage practices. This e-book analyses the phenomenon of pilgrimage as a non secular perform and event and examines Shrî Shailam, a popular south Indian pilgrimage web site of Shiva and Goddess Durga.
"Swami Bhajanananda Saraswati, a monk of Shankara’s Order and the most priest of Kali Mandir in Laguna seashore, is an austere conventional monk. This inspiring publication, go back to the resource, finds his devotion and keenness for God, wisdom of the Hindu scriptures and rituals, phrases of knowledge and sensible religious advice.
- A Classical Dictionary of Hindu Mythology and Religion, Geography, History and Literature: Volume 14 (Trubner's Oriental)
- Female Ascetics: Hierarchy and Purity in Indian Religious Movements (Religion & Society in South Asia Series)
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- The Khecarividya of Adinatha: A Critical Edition and Annotated Translation of an Early Text of Hathayoga (Routledge Studies in Tantric Traditions)
- Theories of the Gift in South Asia: Hindu, Buddhist, and Jain Reflections on Dana (Religion in History, Society and Culture)
Additional resources for A Spiritual Bloomsbury: Hinduism and Homosexuality in the Lives and Writings of Edward Carpenter, E.M. Forster, and Christopher Isherwood